This is the sunset I want to ride off into some day.

My favorite quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not
our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the
world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't
feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not
just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated
from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.



Check out Kellys Stats!!
INSPIRE ME TO INSPIRE YOU

Tuesday, March 2

sHOpping

Hey Everybody,


So I wanted to make sure to get this post in before I went to work today cause I'm not sure if I'll get time in the next couple of days. So... I have had a great couple of days working out. Monday I was having a pretty bad day, so instead of going out and getting ice cream to make me feel better, or going out for a drink which can be very bad for a diet as well as a wallet. So I knew after I got together with a friend of mine I had to go to the gym. So, I went to walmart to get some 5 hour energy. As I was walking around I saw that they had a huge display set up for a brand called Danskin Now. I had never heard of it but it actually caught my attention because of a big sign for THE BIGGEST LOSER I always look at those in case it's some kind of contest where I could win to meet a contestant or even better.... BOB that would be so awesome. Anyways I went to look at what it was all about. Apperantly Danskin is one of the biggest loser sponsors they make the clothes that the contestants wear. Anyways they had shorts and carpris tank tops and tshirts for super cheap. So I figured, I'd heard never actually experienced, they say retail therapy is quite helpful when your having a bad day. I bought myself a new workout tank top. I was super excited first of all that it fit which I'm thinking probably wouldn't have before. Also I stepped way way out of my comfort zone, I'm not a big fan of my arms so I don't ever like them to show, they're all flabby and have stretch marks all over them... it's gross. So I always where shirts that don't show my upper arms. Anyway I bought this shirt and went to the gym and actually wore it the entire time I was working out and yes I felt extremely uncomfortable but I also kind of like wearing it. I'm not sure I can explain it. Anyways I walked a whole hour on the tredmill of course thats because I was watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Then I couldn't miss my other show so I was on the eliptical for an hour while I watched Make it or Break it. The best of both woulds right there (no Hannah Montana Reference intended) I don't miss out on my workout or my favorite shows. So towards the end of my workout I convince myself that I really don't think I looked good in that shirt with my flabby arms and did I mention that this tank top was pretty tight? Ugh lol BUT I told myself I'm going to keep wearing it to keep me motivated hopefully it won't take long for the shirt to not be so tight anymore maybe instead I can get my arms to be tight that would be pretty cool. :)

Then yesterday (Tuesday) I went to the gym after I got off work and wasn't able to get right on a machine right away like I normally do so I worked on my hips (which need alot of work) on the adductor and abductor machines. Then I was able to get on the eliptical but I really wasn't feeling it so I was going kind of slow but I just considered that a warm up cause then I went down to the other workout room where it wasn't quite so busy and did another half hour on the elipitcal and that workout was a ton better. I did a new thing where I go really fast and push myself for 5 minutes then recover for 3 minutes it worked out really well and instead of doing 2 miles in 30 minutes I was able to go almost 2 and 1/4 miles in the 30 minutes cut off about 2 1/2 minutes. I felt great then came home and watched the biggest loser it was a great day.

So I'll be at the other gym for the next couple of nights. These workouts usually seem to be a little shorter since the Oregon gym closes earlier than the Perrysburg one. BUt they also seem to be a little more intense. So it all works out alright well as much as it pains me I have to go to work now. I'll talk to all of you later... probably a few days. BYE

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good start to the week! That's very exciting about your new top, way to step out of your comfort zone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Some times you need a little material motivation, i.e. buy something for working out and then you'll feel like you have to get your moneys worth out of it and work out just to use it. You are doing a great job of keeping with it. How many weeks has it been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. Keep it up. No stopping now. You are past the sticking or quiting point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Kelly!! Post the pic of your new shirt so we can see it

    ReplyDelete