This is the sunset I want to ride off into some day.

My favorite quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not
our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the
world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't
feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not
just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated
from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.



Check out Kellys Stats!!
INSPIRE ME TO INSPIRE YOU

Friday, March 26

YAY!!!

Hi Everybody,

So I'm super excited, I have been religiously checking my blog in the last few days hoping that somebody from THE BIGGEST LOSER would "follow" my blog and maybe even comment on it and such. NO that has not happened yet but we are one step closer. You see My account that I have with Statcounter which is the company that keeps track of how many people visit my site also has an application where you can look at where in the world all the people who look at your blog are looking from. That seems kind of confusing I hope you were all able to understand. So anyways I looked at that today and it showed that 3-4 people from the San Jose area in California have looked at my blog. :) Now I'm not exactly sure where the Ranch is so I googled it (of course) and nobody can really tell you specifically probably for safety reasons but I was able to find that it is just North West of Los Angeles which is where San Jose is. :) I just am so honored that people from THE BIGGEST LOSER looked at my blog. I'm so excited. :)

In case theres anybody reading who doesn't know I will tell a little of my history with THE BIGGEST LOSER. I started watching the BIGGEST LOSER towards the end of season 3, as I'm looking back I'm realizing that I started off just watching the end of the seasons like when it gets down to the 4 finalists. I'm also realizing that I started watching it after coming home from my 3 months at The University of Findlay.

After I graduated from high school in 2005 I was accepted to The University of Findlay. I think it was the best day of my life. You see it's a pretty amazing school. I had a pretty good rap sheet in High school, I was a very good student with the exception of math and I had always dreamed of going away to school. During High school I had come to the conclusion that I wanted to be an Occupational Therapist specializing in Pediactrics because I have always loved children. So thats what I went to Findlay to do, they have one of the leading Occupational Therapy programs in Ohio. Well to say the least it was totally different that I expected it to be. I was a totally different person than I expected to be. I learned that I am a VERY family oriented person, which really I should have known before but I never thought it would be such a PROBLEM. I also didn't have any friends in Findlay with me and I'm not a person that makes friends very easily. I also did not have a car with me on campus so I was unable to just go home to see my family or go see friends whenever I wanted. I completely relied on others to come visit me or pick me up when I wanted to go home for a holiday or weekend or anything really. All of this together added up to make my time in Findlay A DISASTER!! I skipped class all the time. I would stay locked in my single dorm all day long. I ate all the time and became very very depressed (which at that time I didn't even know that was the case.) All of this added up to be the beginning of the worst year of my life. I started at Findlay in the end of August as a great happy student weighing in at an overweight (as I had been most of my life) 200-205 lbs. This is bad enough but when I came home for Christmas break vowing to do better next semester, I received my grades and a letter on Christmas Eve. My grades showed that of the 5 classes I started out with then after dropping two of them at midterm because of my bad performance I had only passed 1 class after three months in Findlay. That letter I received also informed me that I was on academic suspension. I had to clean out my dorm within the week so somebody else could have it the next semester because I was not able to come back. This Christmas break did absolutley nothing to help that deep depression I had sunk into while I was at Findlay. I was now home with my family, but I was a huge dissapointment, mostly to myself but there was also that relationship with my family that needed help because none of them had any idea what I was going through, what had happpened in Findlay, or how to help me. When I came home I had gained more weight in that three months than I ever had before. I weighted a whopping 230 pounds thats a gain of about 25-30 pounds in 3 months. I continued to be so sad and depressed after I came home I kept that weight on for about another year, before I got back to church and realized that I had to learn to forgive myself and get on with my life.

Until I started this last and final weightloss journey I had been sticking at about 215-220 pounds for about 3 years or so. I'm now down to just over 200 pounds. about the same as I was when I graduated from high school 5 years ago.

Anyways as I started to say before I started watching The Biggest loser occasionaly during season 3 and season 4. Then Season 5 my mom and I started watching everysingle episode of TBL together every Tuesday night. We're still doing that now. My first audition for the biggest loser took place during the fall of 2008 for season seven I think. I kept it a secret from most of the important people in my life. I filled out the extremely long application then I recruited a friend of mine to make a (very rough) video like the applicants are supposed to. I mailed it all in without telling anyone then finally one night while watching the show with my mom I couldn't wait any longer and by this time I had pretty much known I didn't make it, I told her, "hey did you ever know I auditioned to be on the show?" lol it was kind of funny. Then my next shot was for either season 8 or 9 I don't remember I went about it in a little bit of a smarter way this time. There's a friend of the family who does film for his career and he and I got together one day and did a much better video with pictures from my past and a mini interview I did in his back yard kind of telling the story of me and my weight problems from all my life. It was pretty amazing so I sent that in yet again with my updated application. Then I found that TBL casting people were going to be in Detroit Michigan which is only a couple hours from where I live so my mom and I went up there for an overnighter and I took my video and my application and applied in person. Still nothing happened. I have not tried again though my mom has been trying to persuade me to. I just don't want to be dissapointed again. I'm working on it for the first time by myself and I'm determined to make it work though I feel like I'm sort of loosening up on the reigns maybe a little more than I should be right now. I'm in it for the long stretch. I still would love to be on the show more than anything though. I've gotten the going to the gym and the hard workouts down but I really need the help they have to offer on how to excel my workouts and balance my diet properly. And how to transform my favorite comfort foods that I turn to, into a not so bad for me snack that I can use to energize my body. Those people are amazing they're my hero's. Especially the ones who are solely there to lose the weight. No temptations. You're not there to win money, or have power over anyone other than yourself. I would love to meet BOB some day too I absolutely LOVE him. And I had a dream once that he was standing in my kitchen to suprise me that I had made it onto the show. I still have hope that that will happen someday. But for now it's all in my hands and I need to get these hands to the gym. So I hope I haven't bored anyone to tears with this extremely long post. Have a great day!!! :)

BYE

1 comment:

  1. That is such a heart warming story. I had no idea how much it meant to you to be on the Biggest Loser. I feel very positive that you can do this though, you have come so far. I know someone who would be very proud of you for making this decision to lose the weight - Gram.

    ReplyDelete