This is the sunset I want to ride off into some day.

My favorite quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not
our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the
world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't
feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not
just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated
from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.



Check out Kellys Stats!!
INSPIRE ME TO INSPIRE YOU

Monday, February 15

Hi

Hi Everybody,





I realize I've been a little negligent on my post writing latley. I'm sorry for that I feel like this blog is a part of my weightloss journey. It's been a great thing thus far, I'm so greatful for everybody's encouragement and support. I feel like I may have fallen off the wagon a little. And I don't mean to make excuses which is what I am always told I'm doing even though to me it's just an explanation. Anyways I've been kind of sick latley. I've been having a problem with bloody noses for about 6 months or so. A couple of days ago I was having some trouble with my throat and my mom thought I might have strep throat and suggested I shouldn't go to the gym if that was the case. She did show me a few muscle exercises to do at home though and I have done that. It turns out I did not have strep throat my doctor says it's probably a complication from the bloody noses and such.





I went to the gym on Saturday and had a really good workout. I tried a few different things to switch stuff up a little. I found a little mini trampoline at the gym which is actually really hard but a good workout and kind of fun too. I also did really feel like working out on the machines as much as I usually do so I just warmed up on the eliptical then walked on the track and after doing a few laps I felt like I wanted to do something to make the workout a little more intense. So I had never done anything with a medicine ball but had always wanted to so I just kind of picked one up and did some arm lifting with the ball while I was walking on the track. I really enjoyed that I felt like it was a great workout. Then I went to the gymnasium and did some solo basketball playing. I really enjoyed that and it was a really good workout too. I didn't go yesterday though because if I have to work which I did yesterday Sunday is a very busy day for me. I do my paper route in the morning then go to church then I have a little bit of time to kill but not long enough for a workout then I go to work. I would normally go workout after work but the Y closes early on Sundays.



Anyways I have been really excited about "visiting" a class that the Y does on Mondays nights. It's called Turbo Kick. I was watching it at the gym last week while I was there and it looked like a lot of fun so I was thinking about joining that group for the next session of classes but I was also kind of leary about it because I'm not sure if I can handle it or if it will be too intense for me so when I was at the gym on Saturday they told me that I could "visit" a class and try it out one time and see if I can handle it and make a more educated decision on wether I want to sign up for the class for the next session. From what I could tell by watching the class last week it seems to be a mix between dancing and kick boxing in a fast high intensity aerobic workout. I woke up really early this morning being super super sick though my stomach was a mess. I slept till 10:30 which is really really late for me. I've spent most of the day just laying around in bed watching tv and napping periodically and it's really helped I'm feeling alot better so hopefully I'll feel good enough to do the class I'm planning on going to the gym early and doing a workout and see how I feel when it comes time for the class.

I hope you all enjoyed the post I'll try to get on again soon to post. Be sure to check out my sparkpeople account I'm using that in conjunction with this blog. Have a great DAY!!!! BYE :)

1 comment:

  1. As much as I hate to say it, your mom was totally right! :) It's really annoying when people who have something contagious (ie strep throat) go out into public when they don't have to. So good for you for not going out and infecting everyone else at the Y.

    ReplyDelete